Where are the wine recommendations for BBQSomm? I can't find them!! Here you go. We've got six styles to choose from and all at a great price point. These are wines that drink above their price - isn't that what 'good wine' is? The wines listed below have automatic links that connect directly to our friends at Marquis Wine Cellars. Check it out!
Thanks very much for asking. You'll be able to pick up locally at a special price If you shop at Marquis Wine Cellars and use wine code "RobertWine101" and receive 10% off your entire wine order. Every little bit helps right? Here are the BBQSomm wine recommendations. It's audacious and I like it.
Aveleda Vinho Verde - Portugal $14.70 (will be ON SALE the week before the event for $10.34!!!)
- a rainbow flavoured lightning bolt. Essential Summer wine at this price! Yes, Vinho Verde with BBQ! Come find out why.
Cousino Macul 'Antiguas Reservas' Chardonnay - Chile $17.30
- This is a Tropical vacation on a dime. The exuberance of Carmen Miranda with a curvey set of hips. More Mae West than Kate Moss.
Cabriz 'Colheita Selecionada' - Dao, Portugal $21.65
- This wine is smarter than most of us. A complex wine that keeps on giving. Lets you see the world through a wide-angle lens.
Domaine de Dionysos 'La Devèze' Cotes du Rhone Rouge - France $24.26 (exclusive to Marquis Wines)
- A wine everyone needs that will help you live life out loud. It's the difference between 'testing' the waters and 'parting' them. A tantric massage for your soul.
Averill Creek 'Joue' Red - Okanagan Valley, BC $30.75
- A hippo wearing a tutu. Giddy, joyful, exuberant and playful. Power loaded with fruit, spice and positive affirmations. Literally Italian 'Ripasso' made in BC!
Aia Vecchia 'Lagone' - Tuscant, Italy $34.69
- Imagine buying Amazon shares at $1.00 before anyone knew what Amazon was. A 'Super Tuscan' going places. Full throttle intellect. One 'smooth criminal'.
Take-Out Ideas for BBQSomm
If you have time to prepare ribs or chicken - awesome. If you don't here are a few places that are offering great BBQ for take out in and around Vancouver.
1. Whiskey Six has my number. Located on Renfrew & E Hastings this menu looks fab and I love that they are sourcing locally.
2. Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ is right up my alley. Two locations in Vancouver (Downtown and Broadway) Check out this menu available dine in or take out.
3. Kook Korean BBQ has all the ingredients you need. Dine in or take out.
4. Western Lake Peking Duck is on the menu for sure!
5. Memphis Blues - BBQ House is a Vancouver original is worthy.
See you on Tuesday at 7:30 pm
Yes it's going to be tasty and fun! Can't wait. Let us know if the recommendations are helpful. You can also let us know what you are preparing.
Don't forget your ticket. Follow this link to reserve your seat and get ready for an audacious evening of wine and food with the master himself, RS.
I'm Good Wine Gal.
I blog about "good wine" and how to find it!
Join me on my adventures of finding beautiful wine loving places, people and those special bottles we all get excited about.